crash, crash, crash

mark cowhead at mac.com
Thu Jan 25 02:58:24 EST 2007

Recently I noted that compared to the old Rev (2.02) the new Rev
seems to be more crash-prone, especially with mousemove handlers.
Now I find that the slightest little error in unicode input (I'm
doing Japanese, so something like you choose the wrong kanji and try
to hit back space before you hit return happens all the time) also
leads to a crash with, of course, loss of all work before last save.
In fact, rev has become sooooo crash prone (on several different
computers, power mac G4, power Book, all running OS 10.4x) that it is
almost unusable.  I certainly could never sell a project in Japan
like this.  Looks like we might have to develop in something else for
Japan, unless there is some sort of update in the works which can
cure things.  Anyone else having crash problems?

Side note:  I ordered a rev product, as far as I know, they took my
money, I received an order acknowledgment saying that I would receive
my unlock codes in 2 working days.  That was 10 days ago and I never
got anything.  I wrote twice asking what happened and never got a
reply.  I've checked my junk folders carefully and there is nothing
there.  Did the Rev guys skip town with my money?  What the hell is
going on?  Anyone out there?   Hello, hello????

mark in Japan