What is causing this bug?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 14:07:19 EST 2007

On 1/23/07 3:18 AM, "David Bovill" <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:
 >(Chipp- Try using my free altSave plugin which auto-increments backups)

> Will do - sounds like the archives are saved in their own directory - not in
> lots of archive directories within the users application directory structure
> - that would be very useful!
Archives are saved in a directory named "^archive" in the same directory as
the stack filename.

I, too, have changed the way I use Save As, since it can produce problems.
For most computer users, the intuitive leads to consequences because of the
way Rev handles the filename vs stack name and memory loading.

AltArchive solves the situation you are describing, I think.  My problems
were related to graphics stored with the stack triggering the opening of all
the previous 'save as' versions, which had the same stack name.  The only
way to get past this was to move the older stacks to another folder so Rev
could not find them, therefore skipping the open stack.

I do not do that anymore.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas