Crash of Windows standalone made on Intel iMac

Bruce A. Pokras macstacks at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 22 21:36:45 EST 2007

This was the first time I had built a Windows standalone on my new
Intel iMac. I am using Rev Studio 2.7.4, Build 291. The standalone
contains two cards. The first card shows up fine, and everything
operates normally. The "fun" starts when I either try to go to the
second card or click the "Close" box to quit.

On my IBM laptop (Windows 2000), when I click a button whose script
is simply "Go next", nothing happens for a few moments except that
the title bar now shows (2) (for card 2) rather than (1).  Then the
standalone crashes. The title bar of the error alert says:

9d4: [application name.exe] - Application error

The body of the error alert says:

The instruction at "0x00161100" referenced memory at "0x00050007".
The memory could not be "written". (The quotation marks are actually
in the alert text).

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Now if I don't try to go to the second card, and simply close the
standalone, it crashes with the following error alert:

The title bar of the alert says:

MCdummy: [application name.exe] - Application error

The body of the alert says:

The instruction at "0x77fcc8e3" referenced memory at "0x00565878".
The memory could not be "written". (The quotation marks are actually
in the alert text).

There has never been any problem like this with my Classic iMac
running Rev 2.6.1. I looked through Bugzilla, and could not find
anything similar. Has anyone experienced this?

Regards,

Bruce Pokras
Blazing Dawn Software
mac-stacks at kagi.com