matchText

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 21 10:41:51 EST 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 09:23, Robert Mann wrote:

> but I just relized that it is also selecting any strings that have
> that
> pattern, is there a way to only select exact matches?

Robert you just need to add a bit to the regular expression part to
tell it that you want to match the entire string.

For example:

matchText("record_id","^record_id$")  -- returns true

But

matchText("orig_record_id","^record_id$")  -- returns false

The "^" at the start of the regex binds whatever follows to the very
beginning of the string. The "$" at the end of the regex binds
whatever comes before it to the very end of the string.

--gordy