A Single SetProp?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Fri Jan 19 20:44:12 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Howdy List:
>
> I'm just now coming to grips to with the SetProp control structure
> and was
> wondering if there is a way to trigger a single SetProp structure
> (that
> contains a switch statement) when setting *any* custom property, or
> do you
> have to use a separate SetProp structure for *each property* you
> want to
> monitor.  Something like:
>
>  setProp anyOfMyProps pValue
>    switch anyOfMyProps
>     case "propA"
>       doSomeStuff
>     break
>     case "propB"
>       doOtherStuff
>    end switch
>  end anyOfMyProps

One way you can get close to it, is use a custompropertyset setprop:

setprop MyCustomPropertySet[ pProp ] pValue
      switch pProp
           case "propA"
              doSomeStuff
           break
         case "propB"
              doOtherStuff
           break
      end switch
end MyCustomPropertySet

Incidentally, this is a way you can have two-parameter setprops!

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com