Setting the default source path for Image controls

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 14:53:11 EST 2007

> The only weird thing is that if you are editing, you'll see the whole file
> path in the Source field of the Image control properties window even though
> you've only originally set it to just the filename.  Maybe a logical way of
> doing things, but confusing none the less !!

Basically, Rev assumes the defaultfolder is the location since you supplied
less than a full path, Rev does a check to see if there is a workable file
and uses it, therefore the full path.  What would happen if you changed the
defaultfolder in another script but still wanted Rev to know where your
original image file was?

Tip:  you can drag the lower right corner of the inspector palette to the
right and make it as wide as the monitor.  This lets you see the whole path.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas