Wake Up, Work, and then Snooze

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jan 18 13:38:16 EST 2007

Hi David,

> I'd like to have a stack wake up (say every hour), do some work,
> and then go back to sleep. Has anyone got something like that working?

This sounds like a case for "send xyz to ... in..."

send "do_important_hourly_stuff" to stack xyz in 60*60 secs

Then in the handler:

on do_important_hourly_stuff
    ## do your important hourly stuff here
    ## ..
   send "do_important_hourly_stuff" to stack xyz in 60*60 secs
end do_important_hourly_stuff

> I'm nervous about setting the idlerate to a rather large number,
> and I'm seeking suggestions about prior experiences before I try a
> few experiments.

Using "idle" and "idlerate" for this task is a very, very, very,
very, very bad idea ;-)

> Thanks.
>
> Dave Brooks

Regards