OT: lost everything, macbook and its HD broken.

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Tue Jan 16 08:20:33 EST 2007

Andre,

Lets hope it is not hard drive, but motherboard of your laptop, in this case
strange sounds may also come out from hard drive devices... There are
external cases for hard drives to be connected through USB. They come in
different sizes for laptop and desktop hard drives and prices vary (~30-70
Eur per device). Once my PC (well, not Mac, but there should be similar
things in Mac world too) crashed like yours, so I took the drive out,
connected to the external case and made backup of all the remaining contents
using another computer with USB connection. Although that drive had lots of
bad sectors too and PC did not boot from it or any other device, but, lucky
I was, it worked this way... Just an idea to try...

Viktoras