OT: lost everything, macbook and its HD broken.

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 07:55:28 EST 2007

Hi Andre,
have you tried removing the drive from your MacBook (easy to do with
the new laptops) and seeing if the machine will boot from CD/DVD
without it? If not then the machine is dead, and your disk may be
recoverable. For that you'd need someone with an equivalent MacBook
that you could put your messed-up (not dead we hope) drive into. You
could firewire mount that onto yet another Mac system and copy your
home filestore onto that, or back it up onto DVD-R. I've done
variations on this in the past to recover dead systems.

--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 795 4236
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Ashton Building, Ashton Street