StackRunner and MySQL

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jan 15 20:44:33 EST 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Sieg Lindstrom wrote:

> I am trying to use StackRunner 1.5 to run a stack created with
> Revolution
> 2.7.4. (on a PPC Mac). I use this stack to manage data in a MySQL
> database.
> The stack runs fine when opened with Revolution, but when I open with
> StackRunner none of the MySQL queries work and instead I get error
> messages;
> all other scripts in the stack seem to run OK in StackRunner.

Well, StackRunner 1.5 was built using the 2.7.2 engine (see the
bottom of the page at http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/
downloads/StackRunner.htm), so it's possible that the mySQL commands
were changed between 2.7.2 and 2.7.4.

However it's more likely that you don't have the mysQL database
drivers in the right place... StackRunner has the revdb external in
it so you can make database calls, but it is not bundled with all the
database drivers. These drivers should be in the "Database Drivers"
folder of your 2.7.4 installation and include something called
"dbmysql.bundle" which you'll need to connect to in order to use
mysQL from StackRunner.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.