Dr. Strangelove (or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love XML)

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 04:21:14 EST 2007

I reckon people get put off by the long revXML function names and all
the parameters. But if you are fortunate enough to have Galaxy, it
makes things easier - you type the first few characters then use the
autocomplete function!
Before long you will find loops such as the following to be second nature:

put revXMLrootnode(tID) into tnode
put revXMLfirstchild(tID,tnode) into paramNode
repeat
    get revXMLAttribute(tID,paramNode,"name")
    if not (it contains "xmlerr") then
       put it into tname
       put tname & comma after tparamlist
    end if
     put revXMLNextSibling(tID,paramNode) into paramNode
     if paramNode is empty then exit repeat
end repeat
delete char -1 of tparamlist

regards