Virtual Custom Property Sample - Recursion Limit Problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 14 11:03:36 EST 2007

David Bovill wrote:
>   2) lock messages locks stops messages being sent and therefore any
> recursion, but is badly designed in that it also blocks the initial call to
> the getprop or setprop handler. This prevents a couple of very useful things
> you could do when you start to try to design reuseable components.

That's why if I do have a need to lock messages to prevent recursion in
getProp/setProp I tend to do so inside the getProp/setProp handler,
rather than in the handler that calls it.

But more frequently I just use an internal name for any actual property
that needs to be set, different from the virtual property name I'm using
for the trigger:

setProp  MyProperty pMyValue
   DoSomething
   set the _MyProperty of the target to pMyValue
   DoSomethingElse
end MyProperty

--
  Richard Gaskin