revOpenDatabase (GRRRR ....)

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:34:29 EST 2007

Hi Jean-Pierre,

The Rev docs are incorrect I believe. Someone (I can't recall who, I
apologize) pointed me in the right direction not too long ago. The
correct syntax is to put the port number in as the last parameter. So
your code should look like:

put revOpenDatabase("MySQL","localHost","Anagram",root,root,"8889")

Also, if "root" is your user name and password, it should probably
also be enclosed in quotes.

Hopefully that'll get you going again.

Chris

On Jan 12, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Jean-Pierre wrote:

> Whats wrong with this ?
>
> put revOpenDatabase("MySQL","localHost :8889","Anagram",root,root)
>
>  > unknow MySQL server host "localHost : 8889" (1)
>
> this is the setting of the database manager, and "connected" is true

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company
http://www.readnaturally.com