RevRecordVideo- multiple instances within an app?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Jan 10 17:20:27 EST 2007

Jon,

Yes, you can use Rev to do this. Create two separate Rev apps that
each capture from one camera. When the first program starts
capturing, have it tell the second one to begin as well. One way to
do that, as has been suggested to me here, is by having the first app
set some kind of flag through a saved text file, which the second app
will scan for. When it sees a change to the flag, it starts capturing.

I've tried this on a relatively low-powered PC laptop with two
firewire webcams. It works fine, though it takes a bit of tweaking to
get it going. You can use a codec like 3ivx. No problem capturing 30
fps at 640 x 480, with excellent results.

Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies