external editor for Revolution

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at t-online.de
Wed Jan 10 13:54:55 EST 2007

Hi Stephen, hi Ken,

> Well you might try Galaxy.
> http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/galaxy/index.php
> But that's a pro product - you said you were 'tinkering' - it costs a
> little bit, but is quite more than just an 'external editor' - it's
> an incredibly well-tested alternate IDE and well loved by this author.
>
> Or try BBEDIT or TextWrangler (free)
> http://barebonessoftware.com/products/textwrangler/

> You can also use TextMate and SubEthaEdit, but make sure you download
> the STS/MLXEditor plugin so you can have your text editor
> automatically open when you choose to edit a script, and have it
> automatically saved back again.

Thanks for your advices. I tried them but all of them are too
powerful  for me (tinkering ;-).

I helped myself in this way:
I created a small stack with only a field.
Then I wrote my script in the scripteditor of it.
I can colorize and format it und compose it in my way until I copy it
in its final place.
And I can store it over night without changing my program.

Reinhold