BUG: importing image files crash rev 2.7.5

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Jan 10 11:10:49 EST 2007

Ah, I understand now:

Rev 2.7.5-dp-1 = pre-beta (alpha?) release to Enterprise users only
Rev 2.7.5-dp-2 = Beta 1 release, part of "open beta"

Version dp-2 had an expiration date of Dec 1. Version dp-1 has no expiration
that I know of.

Although it has not expired and certainly not illegal, I would not recommend
using dp-1 anymore unless you have a specific reason to do so. There is at
least one feature that was removed (the new resizing thing). There are a
slew of bugs that were fixed in dp-2, and even more that will be corrected
in Beta 2, when it is released in a couple weeks.

Basically, dp-1 is not reflective of what the 2.7.5 version will be, and
probably going to cause more headaches than necessary. Apologies about the
nomenclature (we're stuck with the "dp" naming scheme for now) and for
forgetting that there was a "shadow" version of 2.7.5 still out there.

news:9A5F2A87-7B67-434F-A7B1-54F9CC153D74 at mac.com...