beep-answer-freeze

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 19:53:16 EST 2007

On 1/9/07 4:31 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I read your e-mail yesterday, but RR beeps
> fine on my Mac with Mac OS X 10.4.8 and I have no idea why it might
> not. I do hear the beep on the PC, before it freezes. It doesn't
> really freeze of course, it is just stalled for a very long time.

A couple ideas to check for no-sound-OSX

this works in the message box for me

 play "/Volumes/Cat150/_bkup060826/merge/sounds/Laff.aif"

Garage Band will change the sound prefs to what it likes and this may not be
best for other apps.

Does iTunes play anything?
Can you play ANY .aif file in rev?

As I said before, the Mac Mini OS will turn the sound way down on restart,
no matter what you set to.  Combined with the tiny speaker, volume may be
too low to hear.

I use two Mini's (solo and duo) with Entp 2.7.2 (ext spkrs + manual turn
volume up) and sounds work fine.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas