OMG!!!! Steve Jobs is launching the iPhone and it runs MacOS X.

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Tue Jan 9 16:46:05 EST 2007

>Apple already has a dev tool in beta (Dashcode) for Widgets so
>someone should check that out before they ventured into creating
>their own.  You can get access to it with a free ADC developer
>account.
>
>--
>Trevor DeVore

The bigger implication here is that the iPhone runs on a version of
OS X. That means that there's the possibility of us creating Apps for
the iPhone via Revolution. You don't even need Widgets.

Phone apps are one category, but there's also the internet enabled
iPhone apps which is where Rev apps on the Mac desktop excelled in
previously. Couple that with database iPhone apps which are connected
over the internet via either Wi-Fi or EDGE and things get exciting -
think of even corporate apps or apps that previously required a PDA
with wireless comms that can now be replaced by Rev apps running on
the iPhone using a finger gesture user interface.

Also it would seem from the way Safari is running on the iPhone that
there is some resolution independence.

While we don't know what processor the iPhone is running on, it's
probably not an Intel chip, so that means a different binary for the
app.

It would be nice to ultimately have a way to build Rev apps on this
device. It would sure be much easier compared to developing apps for
the Palm.

Jesse Sng