Replace Text in Lines

Michael D. dweeble at wi.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 08:06:06 EST 2007

Hi  all
I have a numbered text file with 1 to 800 lines, I need to replace text in specific lines with text from a field. I can replace by individual lines with the replace into a single line number, but how is this done with mutliple odd lines ?

replace 12345 with 67890 in the text file in all the listed odd individual line numbers.

example
67890-Dataname  < field "replace" contents

set the itemdelimiter to "-"
put item 1 of fld replace into lines 299,322,345,368,391,414,437,460,483,506 of field "textfile"

Michael