Read from socket without callback message

Jon Seymour jonseymour at mac.com
Mon Jan 8 16:54:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I can't get this form of the read command to work. "Read from socket
rsocket until <eom> with callbackmsg" works fine, but when I issue
"read from socket rsocket until <eom>", the socket always times out
and leaves the variable 'it' empty. I'm trying for the documented
functionality: the handler pauses while reading and continues once
the <eom> is reached, with 'it' holding the contents of the read.

Is there a trick to this?

Thanks,

Jon