XML and accented characters [HELP]

Zax zax at tripoy.com
Mon Jan 8 08:27:26 EST 2007

Hello,

My standalone (built for Mac and Windows) uses an XML file to store and
retreive some user options.
One of these options is the name of a folder. This name can contains
accented characters (french) and blank spaces.

I encounter 2 problems:

1 - on Mac, if the string to store contains accented chars or blank spaces,
when I tried to write the XML (using revAddXMLNode
xmlID,tSubNode,"folderName",fld "FolderName"), Rev 2.7.4 doesn't write this
string.
2 - on Windows, accented characters are modified, so the string contains bad
characters when reading.

I looked into this forum, find some tips like:
- convert the string data to UTF-8 before writing to the XML file (put
uniDecode(uniEncode(tASCIIText), "UTF8") into tUTF8Text
- change the encoding of the XML file by using:
   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

But none of these tips are working :(
As I'm an XML newbie, could someone describe preciseley what I should do?

Thank you in advance!