overloaded stack script

kevin trancepacific at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 02:48:21 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am running Rev 2.7.4 on the Mac and have a stack script containing
~25,000 lines of code. Its hard to edit because Rev runs so slowly with
so many lines in a script and I'd love to split it up but most of the
code are functions, not handlers, and furthermore, the script refer to
controls present on all cards in that stack. By that I mean that a
member card will call a function in that stack script that will handle
activity on the card generically.

I can deal with how slow it is to edit. What I have a harder time
dealing with is that when I open that stack from another stack, it
takes quite a few seconds (avg=10 sec) to open a card in that stack
even when no openStack or openCard handlers are running (or closeCard,
closeStack handlers for that matter). It appears that it just takes a
long time in general to open the stack when that many lines of code are
in the stack script.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue? Maybe I'm an
idiot for having 25,000 lines of code in the stack script but I don't
know how to work around this. I see how I could call handlers that
reside elsewhere but not functions. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin