sorting by mixed fields

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 20:58:51 EST 2007

On 1/4/07 5:05 PM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com> wrote:

> Okay, I get it. That will do the trick.
>
> I keep forgetting that more than one group can appear on the same
> card. I'm obviously a hyperCard holdover.
>
> I've never tried to place a group on multiple cards, which may or may
> not contain other backgrounds, but it's probably not very hard.

Actually, you can create a group "Fred" on a card, then delete it from that
card, and it is still part of the stack.  This means it can be placed on any
card or cards, then deleted on all the cards and still be part of the stack.

The group that can be placed is any group in the current stack that is not
contained (nested) in another group. (a top-level group)

You can copy and paste a group in another stack by
1... place the group on a card in the current stack
2... select and copy it, then paste into another stack

Now the group is in two stacks, including scripts, and can be placed in
each.

A bit mind-bending at first, but quite handy when you learn enough about
them.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas