[OT] Adobe Apps for MacIntel

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Jan 4 09:55:57 EST 2007

Jim,

CS2 is MacIntel compatible; it's just not MacIntel *optimized*.

Almost all EULAs state that if you do not accept the terms of the licensing
agreement you may return the package for a full refund. Depending on how
recently you purchased and installed CS2, it may well be plausible to return
it for the reason you do not accept the EULA. You generally must open the
shrinkwap and attempt installation in order to view the EULA.

Also, some retailers have more liberal return policies for purchases made
during the holiday season. ("I was really excited when Auntie May got me CS2
but it just runs too slowly on my system.")

Amazon will accept returns through Jan 31 for purchases shipped Nov 1 - Dec
31.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=15015711

Amazon will also refund software purchases. If the software has been opened
they reserve the option to give a "partial" refund (typically 90%) but in
practice it's usually 100% if you have all the material. All good reasons to
buy from Amazon.

Adobe announced that PhotoShop CS3 would be shipping in "Spring 2007" on Dec
14. Their policy in the past has always been to give free upgrades to people
who purchased after the announcement and/or within 30 days of shipping the
new version. However, they were mum in this press release about the overall
CS3 Suite.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200612/121406Photoshop.html

I recently called Adobe to discuss my upgrade options (I'm a CS2.0 Premium
user) and they didn't have any specifics on the CS3 suite release date.
Basically they told me that there would be a new suite to accommodate
PhotoShop CS3 but they didn't have any information on which of the other
products would be updated.

Hope this helps,

Bill

"Jim Carwardine"
<JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com> wrote in
message news:C1C281B2.921F%JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com...