HELP!! Blank Window on Standalone????

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 3 21:07:27 EST 2007

Dave wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> Here is some more info. I am running RunRev 2.6.6.152 under the latest
> version of Mac OS Tiger. I've noticed that if I him the Window Zoom
> Button the window resizes and the contents display or the "Send to Dock"
> button and then bring the window back, the contents also appear. Also
> clicking in the window causes the contents to appear.
>
> I'm really stumped on how even to debug this since it only happens on
> the Standalone???!!! I have to deliver this demo tomorrow in order to
> get a contract. It all works fine except it won't display the window in
> standalone mode until one of the above actions by the user.

<snip>

> Any Ideas on what is happening??? This was working fine and then
> modified it and this has started to happen. However I can't how the mods
> I made could cause this to happen????

It would help to know what modifications you made just before it stopped
working. What seems to be happening is that the window is not redrawing
after launch, but anything you do that forces the window to redraw will
fix the problem (minimizing, clicking in it, etc.)

Something similar happened to me once, and it turned out I was trying to
load an invisible stack into the current stack window. In other words, I
was doing something like this:

   go invisible stack "stackOne"
   -- do some initialization stuff
   go back
   -- do other stuff
   go stack "stackOne" in window "currentStack"

When the engine tried to load an invisible stack into the current
window, the current window appeared to "freeze". The "stackOne" stack
never appeared. It was a real stumper until I found the bug and set
"stackOne" back to visible before trying to go to it.

Are you doing anything remotely similar to that?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com