2D to 3D Tools -- What Happened to Canoma?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Jan 1 15:52:37 EST 2007

> I was naive enough to think that some 3D programs would just
> import jpegs and voila! your giant image library become
> content resource for games

Adobe acquired this, and they also had a wonderful tool called Atmosphere
for building shared experience 3D worlds - and pretty much killed it! What
is left of the corpse became Acrobat 3D. Im sure Canoma is deader than dead.
Someone with a few $100K could probably either acquire or sub-license it
from Adobe.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations