Umlaut--Success!

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Feb 28 16:28:30 EST 2007

Thanks Devin,

I took the data from your file and did a few tests. Eventually, it
turned out that the following works:

on mouseUp
   put "efff 00e6 3080" into myChars
   replace space with empty in myChars
   put binaryEncode("h*",myChars) into myBin
   set the unicodetext of fld 1 to myBin
   --set the textFont of char 1 to -1 of fld 1 to "Lucida
Grande,unicode"
end mouseUp

You need a stack with one field and one button to run this script.
Set the script of the button to the above.

My observations:
- this doesn't work without the signature efff
- setting the font of the characters afterwards is not possible
- it works with both Verdana and Lucida Grande, but you really have
to set the textFont of the field in advance

Additional remarks:
- above script needs adjustment for Intel machines (both Mac and PC)
- my earlier statement saying that it was not possible is wrong.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 28-feb-2007, om 21:53 heeft Devin Asay het volgende geschreven: