Umlaut

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Feb 28 07:54:22 EST 2007

Looking through the Character Palette on my Mac, I see a character
called "Combining Diaresis" which seems to be some kind of
'standalone' umlaut.
It has the Unicode value '0308' and the UTF8 value of 'CC88'.

According to Wikipedia "In Unicode, diacritics are always added after
the main character." so I think that the following sequence of
(decimal) byte values should work as unicodeText:

0 110 3 8

But it doesn't work on my machine - all I get is a solitary "n", even
thought checking the unicodeText of the fld shows the values above.
The same happens using "u" instead of "n"....perhaps Rev's unicode
implementation doesn't support "Combining" diacriticals, using only
'precomposed' characters?

Best,

Mark