Droplets and AppleEvents

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Feb 28 04:51:33 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks a lot Jim. It's first thing in the morning here and I haven't
quite woken up - not enough tea flowing through my system yet!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here. I have a Standalone App that
has a Splash Screen "Place Holder", this loads and then calls another
stack, then depending on what the user does, other stacks will be
opened/closed etc.

 From looking at what you wrote below, I am guessing that you mean I
should have one object (in a separate stack file?) with a Script that
has the appleEvent handler in it? This would be doable in my case,
but I would have have the appleEvent handler object in the Splash
Screen Stack and obviously not close it anymore.

Also I'm not sure if I should be using frontScripts or backScripts. I
want this handler to take priority over any other appleEvent handlers
and I don't want them to get the appleEvent message. In this case
should I add the object to the frontScripts and then NOT pass the
message?

I'm playing with this now but any suggestions or advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave