Droplets and AppleEvents

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 12:27:39 EST 2007

On 2/27/07 8:08 AM, "Dave" <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:
> I added an AppleEvent handler to the Main Window Stack and I now get
> the the AppleEvents ok. I had thought that the Splash Screen would
> always get the message. What is the action here? If the user drops a
> file into the Standalone Icon, where should the AppleEvent get sent?
>
> One other thing, I want to give my App a Creator type of CR01, but I
> want to be able to Drop Movie Files into it. How do I go about
> setting this up in the Standalone settings dialog.

I think one answer to your first question (I don't know the second one) is
that you can trap the event several places, just don't pass it.  One
technique could be to put the trap in a back script and then all stacks
would be before it in the message path.  The execption could be the splash
screen.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas