Itemization of detailed files changed in v 2.8?

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Tue Feb 27 06:18:34 EST 2007

How to use Revolution

> Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Actually, it was easy to run the older version, once
> I found it! (smile) That did improve the situation,

> Trevor DeVore wrote:
> the bug appeared in 2.7.5 betas (which became 2.8).
> "detailed files" works fine in 2.7.4 which was the
> last released version of 2.7.x.

I believe it is too generous to say that it improves the situation *not*
to upgrade.  "Forego a new version, because you can't trust it" is not a
solution, it is a coping mechanism. (-:

What is particularly frustrating about this bug is that it looks simply
like bad counting on the part of the engine.  The permissions component
is just wrong, but the mod date is now item 6 of detailed files instead
of item 5.  Grrr.  I make lots of mistakes and the ones that grind on me
the most are ones like this that are due to my own sloppy housekeeping.
So my advice to the Rev team:  shoot for the stars in improvements, yes,
but make sure the on-board toilet keep working while you are on the
journey.

Thanks to all for responding.  This list is cheaper than counseling, and
much more effective.

--Mark