Failed Windows Standalone

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Mon Feb 26 23:01:14 EST 2007

Thanks for the info, Jacque. I didn't have a CD involved in any way.
I don't have my two computers networked (security - one for the
internet and the other for real work - smile), so I go between them
with a firewire hard drive that I can hot connect/disconnect. But
there may be something to what you've said and I'll have to think
over it. I'm running windows XP under Virtual PC 6, so I don't know
exactly how all of this is relevant. I've run a number of programs,
some from CDs too, without any problems in the past. If/when I solve
this I'll let everyone know the why and wherefore.

Joe Wilkins