Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Feb 26 13:29:01 EST 2007

1. you could use Apple file sharing... mount the remote 'server'
computer on the desktop
2. you could use the Apache web server built into MacOSX
3. you could use a network server appliance
4. you could use a web host out on the net...

it all depends on WHERE you need to share. If it needs to be outside
your own network, I'd suggest a web host.

conceivably you don't need to organize in files and folders.. this
organizational stuff could be done virtually in the database so all
the files could actually be in one directory

>Bill and Stephen,
>I'll take your advise.  I want to do the right thing.  But I'm not
>sure how...I have a Mac mini running the MySQL now.  Do I need
>another server to run the process for the image files?  I have no
>problem getting one just want to know if that is best.  Also, What
>type of server app should I use if not MySQL?  FTP? etc  I just
>learned about  MySQL (seems pretty straight forward) so I can learn
>another program.  Just need to know which one.
>
>Pointers on reading material is very much appreciated as well...I
>know you guys are busy with your own projects so I appreciate the
>help ! :)

Jim...
--

stephen barncard