Windows menu palette & insertion point

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Mon Feb 26 02:42:51 EST 2007

I have an application that, under Windows, provides a menu bar on a
palette.  This has been a fine solution for most things but I am
losing the insertion point in fields whenever the user goes to the
palette window to select a menu item.  This is particularly
problematic for Copy & Paste.

Do I need to constantly keep track of the selectedChunk (and worse)?
I was hoping that there might be some half-way clean method for doing
this that I'm missing because what I'm imagining right now seems
pretty messy.

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)