Complementary RGB Color Pairs

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 02:05:36 EST 2007

On 2/24/07 10:47 PM, "Stephen Barncard" <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
wrote:

> I know there's a simple formula for this, but my brain hurts tonight.
>
> I would like to calculate the complementary color from an inputted color trio.
>
> For instance I know that these two sets of two colors are complementary.

This is not a direct answer to your question, but some examples of
outstanding color tools you might be able to use.

--Monte Goulding
http://www.sweattechnologies.com/rev/
libColor.rev

--Eric Chatonet  -- using libColor
HSL ColorsHarmonized.rev

--card script --
on MakeColor pPos
  local tNum
  lock screen
  put 0 into tNum
  repeat with i = 1 to 18
    set the backColor of fld i to libColor_Convert(tNum & comma & pPos &
",100","RGB","HSV")
    add 20 to tNum
  end repeat
  unlock screen
end MakeColor

--the stack script is an impressive library of conversions, etc.

I can send you a copy of Eric's stack or you can get it from SoSmartSoftware

Jim Ault
Las Vegas