Performance Problem with large file

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Feb 24 20:18:28 EST 2007

Accessing fields is generally much slower than using variables, so
I'd do something like:

put fld "txtInput" into tInput
repeat for each line curLine in tInput....

I'm assuming that the function xmlWriteNewInmateRecord() writes to
the hidden field "xmlOutput".
Again, I'd write all the xml to a variable, and then put it into the
field when it's done.

put xmlWriteNewInmateRecord(idnum, lst_n, fst_n, day_in, tCount)
after tXmlOutput

end repeat
put "</RCATS>" & cr after tXmlOutput
put tXmlOutput into fld "xmlOutput"