Something that Drives me *CRAZY*

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Fri Feb 23 15:57:19 EST 2007

Dave wrote:

>I've been suffering in silence about this for ages!

Has anyone else been driven crazy by the way in which the IDE selects
and then moves objects? What I mean is that it's way too easy to move
an object just by selecting it. e.g. you select it with a mouse down
and accidently move the mouse and then the objects shifts a couple of
pixels. I think the mouse should be "de-bounced", e.g. any movement
within a short period should be ignored, or better still it shouldn't
move the object until it's been selected by a Mouse Down and a Mouse
Up, then to move it you Mouse Down, or maybe you should only be able
to move it by dragging a certain area.

Anyone agree???

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but doesn't the "Lock size and position" option in the control's properties solve this problem? Or would it be equally annoying to you to have to set this property for all your controls? If so, I would suggest putting forward the idea of a global property/switch to lock all controls.

Bob