ANN: Vista "Gotchas" You Should Know About

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Fri Feb 23 13:53:39 EST 2007

Jim Ault wrote:

 >Developers who realize that Rev can still go forward as a cross-plat
dev tool with a small learning curve.

Developers who realize that this is YAFITR
(yet another fork in the road)
and that this is probably a Linux conspiracy to gain market share  :-)

Besides, how many third world countries will be able to invest in Vista and
run it on older equipment.  How about the education market around the world
and the US?  Paying top dollar for equipment and operating systems/software
is out of reach.

No Linux conspiracy is necessary, even jokingly. Microsoft are busy
hanging themselves. Thank God I have my Ubuntu. I love my Ubuntu. It's
very far from perfect, but at least it is not rotten at the core. I
began making progress once I realized that weaning myself from Windows
didn't necessarily need to be done "cold chicken". "Revolution" (no pun
intended) is not often a good thing, so who needs it? All Linux
(/Ubuntu) needs from my point of view is a really good RAD tool.....

You too can run Ubuntu from a live CD! Today! (Or Puppy from a pendrive.)
[By the way, people are now putting Ubuntu on pendrives, but not small
ones. The day (probably coming soon) that setting up Ubuntu on a
pendrive is as simple as it is with Puppy will indeed be a happy one.]

My vision of the future is this:
Just as English has (almost) become the "second" language of the world
rather than a "foreign" one, so a SINGLE optimized Linux can become the
second operating system of the world. It's that I'm trying to work
towards, anyway. Please help. The result can be nothing other than a
much healthier balance of power, and a far happier situation for the
world's computer users and programmers.

Bob