Performance Problem with large file

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 12:29:22 EST 2007

Len,
If it is taking 3 seconds now, processing from a variable should take
(far) less than one second. If that is so, then you will not need to
worry about covering the "hole".
I do second Richard's suggestion about moving from XML; it is really
slow, takes more memory for code, takes more memory for data, etc. -
worth asking the vendor if it is necessary.
Also, are you using "repeat with" where you could be using "repeat
for"? The latter is about ten times faster.
Paul Looney