Parallels Desktop

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Feb 21 21:06:13 EST 2007

Kay,

> I'd go more for a CodeWeaver approach, using WINE opensource so that no
> Windows purchase necessary.

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you just need to run Microsoft Word or one of the other apps that are
strongly supported under WINE, then that is a great option. If you're a
developer trying to test your applications for compatibility under Windows,
then I would think running/testing under Parallels most of the time and
doing a final regression under Boot Camp is the best option.