Rev and version control systems

Marielle Lange mlange at widged.com
Wed Feb 21 18:21:05 EST 2007

On 21 Feb 2007, at 19:35, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> Has anyone got experience of using Revolution with general version
> control systems (eg CVS, Subversion)?
>
> Obviously stacks can be submitted as binary files, but I was
> wondering whether anyone has gone beyond this.

Hi Ben,

What I do is store all my scripts within groups rather than at card
or stack level. Because of this, I can easily create a system for
managing my libraries, by which the "library group" is created on the
fly, using a text file stored locally. I have version control on the
text versions of the files.

If you wonder what I mean by "library", have a look at:
<http://revolution.widged.com/libraries/lib_textprocessing_v0.1.txt>
<http://revolution.widged.com/libraries/lib_fileprocessing_v0.2.txt>
<http://revolution.widged.com/libraries/lib_xml_v0.1.txt>

I have more than 60 of them ;-).