Parsing A File Path

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Feb 21 09:27:05 EST 2007

I KNOW I've seen this somewhere but I can't seem to find it so I'm
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to take a file pathname as returned from an "ask file" command
for example, and break it into  it's component parts.  I thought there
was a command that was passed a pathname and then it returned a list of
items (1 is drive/volume, 2 is path, 3 is filename, 4 is extension, etc).

I don't need someone to do this for me, just point me to where I need to
go look it up.

Thanks a lot!

Len Morgan