Parallels Desktop

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Mon Feb 19 22:15:11 EST 2007

So far I've tried testing with the Windows that came with Virtual PC
6 (XP), but now that M$ has acquired that program, I'm planning to
steer clear of it in the future. Since I'm mostly interested in
running other window's apps for my architectural practice, I'm hoping
that Cross Over Mac will fill the bill. The $60 price tag is pretty
enticing as well. For the foreseeable future, regarding testing of
Rev apps, I'll probably enlist the aid of some of my crazy friends
whom I've never been able to convert. (Just expressing my personal
opinion.) It would be nice if Boot Camp does the job, but I don't
think it precludes the need to buy Windows; just makes everything
more seamless.

Joe

On Feb 19, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> Thanks, Joe,
>
> I've seen Cross Over Mac, and I'd love to not have Windows, but
> what I need is to be able to test Rev-created standalones in an
> actual Windows environment with all the associated caveats an end
> user might encounter.  I'm not sure I can see this solution giving
> me a test environment... not even sure with Parallels.  Maybe Boot
> Camp is the only way to get an honest evaluation.   What do you think?
>
> Mark
>
> On Feb 19, 2007, at 5:52 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> Mark, I'm about to do the same and am looking at "Cross Over Mac" at:
>>
>> <http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/?
>> ad=22&gclid=CKu7o5OJuIoCFTQkGAodpHTCug>
>>
>> It appears that it's still quite THERE, but I like the idea of not
>> having to have Windows.
>>
>> Joe Wilkins
>>
>> On Feb 19, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:
>>
>>> I'm about to bite on an Intel MacBook, I think.  Anybody using
>>> Parallels with Rev?  Comments?  Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mark