Storing arrays in a custom property

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 19 04:59:41 EST 2007

Thanks guys for all your help. The problem is now solved.

I couldn't work out what was wrong because I was using the syntax you gave me.

It turns out to be a problem with my data. I had created the array
from a text file where the information was on separate lines. I
assembled the records, one per line and used the split command with
return and tab to create the array.

For some reason the key elements eg 5555, ended up with both initial
and trailing spaces and each digit separated by spaces.  When I
reference the custom property using eg "s5s5s5s5s" (where s is space)
- bingo, the data appears. How this has happened I have no idea but at
last  I now have access to my data.

Thanks to you all again.