libURL: load unload bug?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Feb 16 15:49:10 EST 2007

To confirm - issueing "libUrlResetAll" fixes the problem.

But what is the problem ??? I am loading thumbnails into my application
asynchronously using the "load with message" command. As each thumbnail
comes over I get the url from the cache and put the data into the thumbnail
image finally unloading the url so as to clear the image from the cache
memory. Seems all to work fine except that every so often with loads of 100
images well the cache gets mucked up - here are the scripts:

setprop image_Loaded photoURL
    put the long id of the target into thumbView
    load url photoURL with message "image_DisplayLoaded"
end image_Loaded

on image_DisplayLoaded someURL, someStatus
    put url someURL into someImage
    set the image_Value of me to someImage
    unload url someURL
end image_DisplayLoaded

setprop image_Value someImage
    put the short id of the image_Object of me into imageObjectID
    put someImage into image id imageObjectID of me
end image_Value

Perhaps I am not checking the status before unloading? Should not cause this
problem but still... ?