An effective way to Localize my Revolution Projects for Multiple Languages

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 16 14:59:36 EST 2007

Lynn Fredricks wrote:
> The one downside to almost any method is that you still have to go through
> and look at your interface to make sure what you've swapped fits. Text
> expansion can increase your strings by 20-50%.

This raises a third reason to consider a very important feature:
resolution independence.

The other two are Windows' long-standing feature to allow the user to
turn on Large Fonts, and Apple's recent transition to support resolution
independence across the board.

All three areas represent a need for more dynamic resizing of controls,
yet all three are currently out of reach for Rev developers.

Do we have any word from the mother ship on how these will be handled in
the future?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation