How to create a single line entry field?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Feb 16 13:07:48 EST 2007

Hello,

Probably a simple newbee question:

1. how can I realize a single line field, where the user can enter text and
commits with enter key?

In my standard scenario the enter key makes a CR into the field, so that the
text breaks and disappears in the unvisible line 1 of 2 of my textfield
(because it has only 1 line visible)

I have a handler:

on rawkeyUp keyCode

in the field, where I handle the key entries. But even if I try to capture
the keyCode 65293 ( EnterKey) and break the rawkeyUp, revolution puts the CR
into the field.

Is there a field property "single line field" or something like that?

2. is there a chance to set the location of the ask and answer dialog,
instead of default centred?

Thank you

Tiemo