Is libURL required for a "get url..." statement?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:10:54 EST 2007

> Just curious, why do you use the startup handler? I've always found
> preOpenStack in the card script works great for me.
>
> I suppose you can use the startup handler to set external paths, but
> there are even workarounds for that. I've never used on startup.

I don't know about Derek, but I use startup when I need something to
happen once only and in the standalone only.

Any other message has the possibility of being called more than once
i.e. if the stack is closed & re-opened or if the user changes cards,
but startup really has to be unique.

Admittedly this is a rare circumstance, but it's always nice to have the option.

Cheers,
Sarah