OT: MACDRAFT story/endorsement

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Feb 15 15:58:33 EST 2007

Yeah,

What ever happened to all those great apps? Claris Cad, my personal
favorite, has yet been surpassed for power and ease of use. And
PowerDraw, was just as good. And Claris Impact, what a great program.
In fact all of those Claris products were IMO substantially better
than what exists today. Even MacProject was easy to use and one could
quickly setup a small project with it. Don't even get me started on a
WriteNow, MacWrite vs Word debate.

Yep, what ever happened to quick and easy solutions to everyday needs?
Nowdays, you have to Pony up multiple hundreds of dollars for a
bloated, slow, and over-featured product, to just knock out a memo, or
a quick map to your house, or a small project flowchart.

Question, how long did it take the first Mac to boot using those 400K
Twiggy drives?
Answer: Less than 30 seconds, unbelievable.

Bummer...Seems like 3 steps forward, 4 steps back.