A hard challenge anyone?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 15 14:30:41 EST 2007

Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> If I were to do something like this, I would probably draw it with
> MacDraft, then make a stack that was large enough to contain the
> drawing, and then copy and paste the drawing onto one of the stack's
> cards.

Not a bad option, and I love MacDraft (I once made my living drawing
facilities diagram with it).

With diagramming code base relationships, ideally it could be generated
dynamically by the analysis tool.  It's a bit of work, but if David's
got the foundation down it becomes much more attractive to contribute to
(i.e., I'm lazy). :)

> Of course, you'd need a huge monitor (or a sizable TV screen)
> to see the entire card, but I'm working on a stack right now that
> will be 36" wide x 24" high. I've yet to work out a method of
> scrolling when displayed on a small (less than 36") monitor

Pasting vectors into Rev is still not possible, since there hasn't yet
emerged a single open multi-platform vector standard that has enough
traction in the market to make it worthwhile.

There is an SVG importer available for Rev -- does MacDraft output to
SVG yet?

What format are you importing as?

For scrolling, you might consider just grouping the digram objects.
Then you can turn on the group's scrollbars, and just add something like
this to the card script:

on resizeStack
   set the rect of grp "Map" to the rect of this cd
end resizeStack

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal